Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lone star quilt

I love making line star quilts. There is something really satisfying about them. Perhaps its the challenge of the y seams, or perhaps it's the diamonds or getting the setting rectangles and triangles right, who knows? I love making them, the finished effect and that they look impressive but are no where near as hard as they look! I may have bitten off more than I could chew with the quilting of this one though! I don't think I'll jump back into quilting one of this size again soon!! My new machine was amazing though! There was no way I would have been able to do it on my old one!
So this quilt is for my sister-in-law for her 30th... Which was back in November... Ooops! She has seen it though and I promised it before winter! Looks like I'll make it before winter... Just!!! Last finishing touches to be done... Hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt, then it's ready to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment